Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Life is what you make it {pt.2}

A few weeks ago I showed you the beginnings of our diy chandelier project here. After finishing gluing, rewiring, and painting I am finally finished! Believe me when I tell you that there is no more dangerous thing to do than make a ball out of very delicate wood veneer and then leave it lying around 2 little boys for a few days. Perhaps I was a little over zealous when I had my husband take down our old chandelier well before I was ready to hang the new one. A few dimly lit days later we got it all hung up and I'm in love! 

so again, we went from this

through all this
to this!

It still needs a bit of tweaking, 
I'm not loving the bulbs but they were the only ones my local Ace had.

I think I'd like to order some round edison style bulbs for it...and a dimmer!

I love the shadows the rings cast on the ceiling at night

now I just have the rest of my dining room to finish!

So what do you think? 

Tomorrow I am hoping to start my Frightful Feasts countdown to Halloween
I have all of the boys favorites plus a few new spooky recipes to share









& Pumpkin Spice!

5 comments:

  1. A W E S O M E ! ! What a great job you did making over that fixture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you via pinterest and was wondering what did you use exactly for the rings? Is it that stuff you iron on pieces of wood to finish the edge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @929-
      Yes I used that wood edge laminate stuff with the adhesive on the back. I carefully ironed 2 pieces together back to back so that I would have a thicker and more durable ring. I bought an entire roll of the stuff at my local building supply for 10 or 15 dollars, and still have quite a bit left. It has been a while since I made the chandelier and despite being whacked more than a few times it's held up beautifully!
      xo~ Merrilee

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...