Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let's Catch up


Good morning my friends, I hope the day finds you all doing well. I am happy to say I am finally back to my old self and scheming up all sorts of new projects for me and the Mr. I've decided today would be a great day for all of us to catch up.
 Our Holidays were pleasant, albeit the same hectic pace that they always are. I am so tired of traveling for the holiday. Each year we alternate whose family we will spend Christmas with and each year I swear that the next one will be spent in our own home. But even I know myself better than that. If we were to stay home we would only wake Christmas morning to find ourselves longing to be nearer to our family. Next year we are to spend the week with my husband's family but in lieu of cramming all four of us into what may be the smallest guest room known to man I have decreed that we will be renting a  vacation house of our own for the week. There are so many cute little vacation cabins in their town that we should be able to find a happy compromise between having our own space to build our own traditions and being able to spend quality time with our loved ones.
Do any of you spend the holidays away from your own home? Oh how I wish we lived near ANY of our family!

How is everyone's New Year been thus far. I am happy to report that I have not managed to screw mine up yet, so that's good news. Did you know that my wonderful hubs and I will be jetting off for Hawaii in just a few days? Do you also know how utterly depressing it is to be trying on bikinis right after the holidays?! well it is very depressing indeed. Nevertheless my very white thighs and I are bound to have a great time.
We have never been anywhere tropical together and I am so super ecstatic, and only a teensy bit nervous about being on an entirely different land mass than my children who will be with Gramma. I am just certain that they will both come down with the flu as we leave or something else that will make me feel like a reptile of a mother for the whole trip.The kids are bummed they were not invited but we've promised to bring back lots of presents.

Speaking of presents here is the little white owl I made Mason for Christmas. He was a big hit and he is now in the honored place of being one of the 5 babies Mason has to have to go to sleep. I also made a kitty for my niece and a frog for my nephew, which I of course forgot to take pictures of. He knew right away that it was the little white owl from his favorite story and is still telling us thank you for it, so I think it was well worth it!

Well, I'm off to get the boys to school then to spend some time on the elliptical undoing all that Christmas Cheer before we jet off this Friday. I hope you all have a great day!
 
& Tan lines!

1 comment:

  1. OH Mah Gosh! That owl is adorable...I think you need to sell them (hint, hint) Ü

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...