Friday, February 4, 2011

An *almost* finished kitchen

I have been waiting FOREVER for my kitchen to be finished so I can show it off! I am so happy with the way it turned out and I just cannot wait any longer. There are only a few tiny things left to do, but you are all creative and imaginative people so you can just imagine it, mkay?!


In our kitchen we have done almost everything by hand, and on a very tight budget!

This is my Wedge, and honestly I couldn't live without her! Here in Humboldt county we have loads of natural gas and old Victorian homes so finding a fantastic Wedgewood stove is pretty easy and usually cheap. 
We painted our cabinets, made the pendant lights, made the LED under cabinet lights, made the cabinet knobs, made the flooring, made the copper counter tops and made the butcherblock counter top too!

This is definitely the kitchen that love built, and by love I mean my love, my husband!


The kitchen went from being a dark crumbling cave my favorite place in the house. 
It may not be perfect but it's pretty darn close for under $1,000!

I think removing a few of the cabinet doors made the biggest impact of all in this tiny kitchen.

Green cabinets are not for everyone but I just love the dusty grey/green color of them, especially with the copper counters, which are also not for everyone!


This is one of the areas yet to be finished. Just picture the top of the bead board on the all white wall with some trim and a cute little shelf for displaying a small art prints. Also, there is usually a bowl in my mixer but it is currently in the fridge filled with some yummy cream cheese frosting, yum!

This antique bon bon jar is one of my most prized objects. Prized like I'd grab it and the family photos if there were ever a fire. On second though maybe I should keep a USB key of the photos in the jar, then maybe I could grab a cat or two also!

This is my other favorite item, a super rusty old soap dish I keep heart shaped rocks in.


Well that's it for now, I wish it was completely finished but I've already sent live-in carpenter (aka Jessie) to start work on the master bathroom. Looks like it's going to be a while before I get the little shelf above my mixer installed.
Thanks for coming by!

Peace stay for cup of coffee!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love all the colors -- all of them! You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a great job you have done. Your kitchen is awesome. I really like the colors you picked. I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job! This is amazing on your budget. It does make you feel good to make such a lovely space with your own hands and tools. LLOOOVVEEEE your pendant light over the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from TT & J! And I love your colors, very pretty and refreshing from what you normally see. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very beautiful!!!! Love all of the details!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya know...I found your post on Better After w/the cake container lampy thingy, & I really can relate to your style of decorating.I luv your rock pulls idea for the kitchen doors! What a gr8 idea! I am going to continue to check your blog becuz u r creative & inspire me! Thanks, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen is very cute! Can't believe you did it for $100. Your copper counters are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Need more people with your ability to style for less$....I like your short and sweet writing approach as well, who has the time to read life stories! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog through craft gossip. I adore your style and creativity. My kitchen walls are almost the exact same shade as your cabinets! I could totally live in your kitchen. I am extremely impressed by what love can build. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Aileen

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...