Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Feel Like Bacon Love...

Oh is that not how you sing that song, so it's just me? oh well...

Tonight I am attending a going away party for 2 of my coworkers and I really wanted to bring something to wow them. I have become known for the baked goods I usually bring so I was feeling like I needed to step it up a little...So I made these


A bacony revision of my favorite Saltine cracker toffee treats. Yes bacon, because bacon is the food of the gods and it plays nice with anything. Now don't get me wrong, these can be made minus the pork, but why oh why would you want them that way? (unless of course you are a vegetarian)

Bacon Pecan Toffee
2 packs graham crackers
1 stick butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
8-10 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
1 tsp.  good Vanilla extract
1/4 c reserved bacon drippings (yeah that's not a typo!)
1/4 c. chopped good quality dark chocolate


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and lay out graham crackers in a single flat layer. I like to break the crackers in half.
Place butter brown sugar and bacon drippings in saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in vanilla, peacns and crumbled bacon pieces.
Pour or spoon mixture over crackers and attempt to spread, it's hard to spread so don't get too worried about it.
Place pan in oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until the toffee is bubbly. Remove from oven and carefully slide the parchment off the hot jelly roll pan onto a flat surface to cool. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate and cool.
Once the cookies are cooled you may either cut or break them into individual pieces. Store in the refrigerator and stay away from your scale for a few days. Enjoy



Linking up to Tuesday Night Supper Club over at Fudge Ripple, come on over and join the party too!


Peace and bacon grease!






8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness -- how heavenly!!! This is a must-try! So glad I saw your link-up over at the Tuesday Night Supper Club!

    New follower,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would share this recipe with my husband but then he'll wonder why he married me and not you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! This sounds too good - do I dare make it, Im afraid I would eat the whole pan!

    danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try this. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made this and it is yummy and so addicting~ I posted it on my blog with a link to you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love making sweets with bacon..your version looks incredible! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, bacon desert! I am in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently saw chocolate covered bacon at a market and was in awe....your toffee looks simply amazing! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today. Enjoy the rest of your week ~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...