Friday, May 6, 2011

Fresh eggs

 Love comes in many shapes and sizes, the shape I'm referring today is an egg shaped love.
I grew up with chickens and fresh eggs so the last few hen-less years have made me yearn for that familiar backyard squawking. 



Although we live on a small lot it is fully fenced and definitely enough bug riddled territory for our new ladies


Of course they will have to live inside with us for a few weeks until they are big enough to be transfered to their pen

what? what? tiny chicken butt!
we got 4 in all, one for each of us

 I let the boys each name one...
Jess and I picked Margot and Lucy...
Orion named his Zip...
and Mason chose the best name...Eggz (with a "Z" he says!)


Mason and Eggz

Smooches for Eggz!

Sorry I've been gone so long, but I'm back, and with pine shavings in my hair!


Peace and Peeps!

4 comments:

  1. I'm very interested to know how they work out for you. I grew up with chickens too, but obviously on acreage. I've thought about having them in town, but I'm worried that the chicken poop all over my back yard will drive me insane. Please keep me informed about how it goes on a city lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, those pictures are precious! Little bitty chicken-butt! Mason looks so happy, just like you when you played with our chicks. Happy Mother's Day, mama to 4 new chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I wish I could have chickens! I'm sure your boys are loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!! I'm very jealous right now!

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...