Monday, May 30, 2011

My Girls Moved Out

Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Before I zip out of here to go to a BBQ I thought I'd show you what my honored veteran got to do this weekend. (I know I'm a slave driver, lol!)

It's been a few weeks since we've brought our tiny chickies home and I bet you've been wondering what they have been up to... which is mostly just pooping and shredding their newspaper.
Yep, the time has come and although I love them dearly they need to get OUT!

Jess and Orion went to work building the peckplex we designed based on a few "chicken coop" internet searches. Basically it is a nesting box upstairs with a little free space downstairs. While the lovely ladies will spend most of their time out and about in the backyard we needed a home that they would be safe in we we leave town. Also, until they are big enough to stick up for themselves they will have to stay safely out of reach of our cats and dog, unless someone is outside with them.

and today we moved the ladies into their palatial new digs. This is not the final location of the chicken house as we have to do a little yard re-arranging. Soon the house will be up against the fence with a fresh coat of stain and maybe even a few flowers planted around it.

they seemed to settle right in to their new home and I think they are very happy to finally be out of their tiny cardboard box!

Getting the hang of their stairs took a little while but they seem to have it down now.

I can't wait until I can go out and collect their fresh brown eggs!

Also for those of you who don't already know, this weekend Humboldt county celebrated it's 43rd Kinetic Grand Championship race.  I was lucky enough to be amidst all the fun and chaos at work this weekend where I waited on Giraffes, fairy princess and the like. If you want to know a little more about it go Here and check out one of the the Northcoast's most eccentric and celebrated festivities!



Peace remember all those who have given to this nation today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...