Monday, December 20, 2010

Over the river and through the woods...





Today's to do list:
-Bake cookies for the trip, and for Santa
-Re-Wrap the gifts (Thanks Masie!)
-Get the house to a more respectable level of dirty so we can leave it for a week
-Wash the dog, yes the one who lives outside and goes to work with Jessie every day just to play in every bit of muddy water she can find, she will be taking her first trip in my new car {wincing while I type that!}
-Hope in desperation that her,( the dog, Siri) farts subside before we get in the car for 5 hours
-Pack for everyone, except Jessie, because he insists on only packing himself  2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of manties and 1 other shirt for an entire week, Yikes!
-Have a mini Christmas party with my neighbor and best friend so the children may exchange gifts.
-Look in disgust at the abyss guest room that my parents will be staying in the day after we get home, then shut the door and resign myself to cleaning it as soon as we get back, Ha!
-Sneeze, cough, wheeze and blow my nose ten thousand more times, yep, I've caught a cold, if there is something I really love it's breathing through my mouth. But on the bright side I won't be able to smell Siri's dog farts.
-Make a 'fridge cleaning' meal for dinner. By the looks of I think it will be some large scary quiche.
-Take our friends, and previous owners of our house all their Christmas cards that came here, for the 3rd year in a row. and politely remind them to give people their new address, for the 3rd year in a row
-Pack the car, Tetris style, so that at any given time nobody is is smashing more than 2 gifts or able to see the Santa bag.
-Pick up the pile of bandage wrappers, neosporin and bloody tissues from Jessie's cooking accident. We'll just say he may or may not have forgotten how to use a knife.
-Bathe the boys, Relax, enjoy my Christmas tree for one last day and kiss my husband, but not for long because I can't breathe through my nose.

Nono & Gramma Jana here we come with a stinky dog,wounded dad, sick mom, somewhat bratty kids and a whole car load of stuff.

Peace let there be enough coffee made to get me through the day!

2 comments:

  1. A great laugh to start my day...then I felt bad cause I know this is all too true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was in the car with you singing Jingle Bells on the top of my lungs!

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...