Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Art Journaling

Art journaling is something that has always been a dear to me. Even during adolescence while most other girls were gushing into their diaries I was keeping a sketch book. I suppose that's why when I was in art school I never minded that most teachers required that you keep an art journal. Not only is art journaling a very cleansing and relaxing habit but it also helps develop ideas. Many of my jewelry pieces were designs I had quickly doodled into my journal. Now I find that art journaling helps me take a little time for myself, a little time to be creative on a more personal level.
Here are a few beautiful pages done by other artists. There are so many ways to be creative, but art journaling has to be one of my favorites. This non-pretentious art form only requires a pencil and paper, so grab one and let your beautiful creativity flow!

via 

This week I am feeling very emotionally raw having spent the weekend at a memorial for a someone who was very dear to my heart.  I have had a lot of emails recently about my copper counter tops and I hope to be back soon with a closer look at how I did then. For now; however, I need to take a little time with my art journal. Have a beautiful day!

Peace & pencil shavings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...