Thursday, June 16, 2011

Finally Summer!

Today I am packing up to tag along on Orion's kindergarten picnic. There are only 2 days of kindergarten left and boy am I going to be glad to have my boy home during the day. I think I may be more excited for summer than he is!





 It feels like it's been ages since I've last posted and I guess it has been. Since our anniversary last Friday I have been battling a very bad flare up. It looks like my mission to live a non medicated life with Crohn's/Colitis is not working out. When I left off with my GI doctor I was about to start treatment via monthly IV infusions and weekly at home injections of some pretty scary medications. I freaked out at the idea of such heavy treatment and told my doctor I'd be back when I was sure there was no other option. I have been a wreck all week and even while I type this am tearing up with the sheer frustration of not being able in control of my own body. Despite my frustration and exhaustion I have to admit that it is time for me to go back. I know that's kind of a lot to drop on a lifestyle blog but the fact is that it is part of my lifestyle.
 In other less depressing news our weather has been gorgeous we have really been enjoying our yard. Yesterday I watched my best pals kiddos and we played "Mrs. Wolf" and "Simon Says" for hours in the yard. I have to say babysitting is a lot better when we are all outside!
Well I'm off to picnic with the soon to be 1st graders. I've got a basket packed with games, snacks and sunscreen and we are going to have a great day!

Peace and Picnics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...