Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our Summer Bucket List


Yesterday I mentioned that our family sat down and made a list of all the things we wanted to do this summer. I have seen a few really cute "bucket lists" out there on pinterest and I just knew I was going to have to make my own.
I started with this old flower picture form Ikea that a friend gave to me a while back.
All I did was remove the flower poster and paint the frame a nice dark blue. Then I flipped the flower picture (which I actually think is pretty cute) over and made my design on the back.
Using my silhouette and a few different fonts I cut out the lettering and glued them in place.
I wanted to be able to use this for a few years so I replaced the glass of the picture and just wrote our list on the glass with a dry erase marker. It would probably look a lot swankier if I used my silhouette to cut out the list too but then it would not be re-usable year after year, unless we do the same thing every year. Plus maybe next year I'll be able to get my oldest to write the list and then it will be that much cuter!


I was able to make this with just items I already had so it cost me nada, which I always love! The boys are already excited to get started checking things off the list, and so am I!
I am happy to say that we are currently visiting grandparents so I'll get to check that off as soon as we get back home.














Peace and prettier posters!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! So cute, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea, I love that it is reusable, and that you can change your plans.... if needed! THanks for showing off on my blog!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! A wonderful way to prioritize what you want to do this summer. How fun to check things off the list as you complete them. I love it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...